The position shall join the legal team in Spain and will provide legal support to the different business units of American Express in Spain in connection with one key project. The position will need to:
provide legal advice and support in connection with the Company’s card issuing, merchant acquiring, insurance mediation and travel business activities;
provide legal advice on payment services regulation, anti-money laundering, consumer protection, commercial agreements, company law and data protection;
identify and provide legal interpretation on material new laws, or material changes in laws, which impact the business activities and affairs of the Company; and
draft contracts and provide practical, business-oriented advice and solutions to the business units.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Degree in Spanish Law and practice experience (between 1 and 3 years), at a law firm or in-house, with emphasis on corporate/contract law required. Background in financial services or consumer law a plus
- Very fluent in English and Spanish
- Basic understanding of applicable EU and Spanish law relating to card issuing and merchant acquiring, financial and payment services generally and anti-money regulation a distinctive plus. Excellent contract drafting skills
- Good business understanding and excellent analytical skills. Ability to adopt a business orientated approach, take charge and “get things done”.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and prioritize among competing priorities
- Good team player and self-starter
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 4:01:23 AM