Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position will work in the IT Risk & Information Security (ITRIS) organization as the Project Manager/Team Coordinator for our India-based teams. As a member of this team, he/she will be responsible for providing administrative support, including expense and supply management, and other analytical support as needed. Responsibilities will also include partnering with the global team on talent management, recruitment, and colleague engagement and retention strategies. The ideal candidate must be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, and be able to work independently as required. The candidate must also have the ability to work well in a fast-paced organization and manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities, sometimes under pressure, with accuracy, flexibility and attention to detail. Critical to the success of this position is the development of positive working relationships with a wide range of colleagues both within and outside of American Express.
• Partner with global team members to manage talent strategies for the India market, with a focus on college campus recruitment and developing entry-level security professionals
• Act as the ITRIS Champion for colleague engagement efforts in India, including colleague improvement activities, colleague training and development programs, mentorship initiatives, and leadership interaction
• Managing the logistics of key meetings, including room booking, catering, production of meeting materials, etc.
• Coordinating complex travel arrangements for team members including air, hotel, transfers & visas
• Producing accurate presentations, documents and general correspondence in a timely manner
• General follow-up and reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments
• Ordering and maintaining an inventory of office supplies for the India offices
• Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables
• Assisting with special projects and initiatives as needed
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter
who is able to work with limited guidance. The position requires flexibility
and the ability to effectively function in a dynamic environment, which
includes the ability to address ad hoc projects that arise with urgency while
balancing other priorities. There is a
preference for a strong candidate with superior organization, communication,
decision making and planning skills. Additional qualifications include:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent organization skills with a strong focus on attention to detail and flawless execution
• Ability to prioritize, multi task and manage time sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast paced environment
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter in ways that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment
• Ability to be proactive and anticipate the needs of an extremely dynamic office environment
• Self-motivator, driven and enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude to get the job done – flexible, resourceful and efficient
• Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office systems, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• High aptitude for learning new programs, systems and processes
• Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels in the Company.
• Extensive experience in project leadership capacities.
• Experience working within a global organization and world time zones
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Information Systems, Business Administration, Business Management or other related field (or equivalent work experience) preferred
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2019, 11:44:32 AM