Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
Serve as a core member
of an agile team where you will be focused on:
reliable software and services that will power the next generation architecture
of the enterprise Big data platform
- Drive proof of
concept implementations using a variety of technologies relevant to using distributed
execution engines efficiently, going against large scale Big data stores
opportunities for adopting new technologies, industry standards, and best
- Spending a
large majority of time designing and implementing scalable solutions
Are you up for the challenge?
- 8+ years of proven, hands-on experience with software development
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages - Java, Go, Python, C
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Sound knowledge of Big data processing frameworks/technologies like MapReduce, Hadoop/Spark, Kafka, and experience with large scale distributed systems based on Linux is a plus
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2019, 3:34:40 PM