Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express’s mission is to be world’s most respected service brand. The Global Service Network (GSN) provides American Express' renowned brand of customer service to their card members in 23 locations around the world, GSN is recognized as a distinguished leader in service for their prized customers. American Express is a multinational financial services corporation best known for receiving 8 consecutive JD Power Awards for service and is world leader in providing charge and lending products to consumers.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Service Delivery Leader will primarily be responsible for providing supervisory support to at least 9-15 Team Leaders in the day-to-day management of a group of approximately 100-150 Customer Care Professionals.
• Oversee all operation teams by providing leadership guidance to Team Leads, ensuring surprise-free operations delivery and thereby achieving and exceeding business targets and goals;
• Monitor on a continuous basis leading indicators of Performance [Productivity, Compliance, Service Levels and Quality] as well as Customer Satisfaction levels;
• Develop and implement quality standards, apply compliance/control in all activities of the Department to ensure quality services are delivered to customers;
• Motivate staff and leaders in the group to deliver at optimal levels and ensure high levels of employee satisfaction and retention in a high growth industry;
• Serve as department conceptual leader for initiatives, which impacts all team leaders & team members;
• Ensure the focus of the Department goals and objectives is consistent with the values of American Express;
• Be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with identified stakeholders; ensure timely execution of plans;
• Maintain, liaise and communicate with all levels of management and departments within and outside the company;
• Network with external linkages to obtain market information and keep abreast of the market trends;
• Provide coaching and mentoring at the TL and CCP levels.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Master’s Degree preferred);
• No less than 10 years of progressive BPO experience, with at least 4 years as a Manager handling a premium customer service line of business preferably in banking or financial services (Additional B2B/Business to Business experience is helpful);
• Proven ability to create a highly committed work environment where people are motivated and encouraged to achieve best results through empowerment and development;
• Excellent interpersonal/verbal written communication skills with strong presentation and project management expertise;
• Exceptional ability to influence others without direct authority while collaborating and influencing people at all levels;
• Analytical thinking skills to access impacts, draw correlations and linkages.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative – these are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 2, 2019, 1:58:33 PM