American Express is on a journey to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. The Digital Experience & Platforms team (DEP), within Global Commercial Services, is focused on designing and delivering a seamless Commercial digital experience that drives customer engagement as well as business growth. The team’s scope ranges from UX design, development of web/mobile experiences and collaboration with Blue Box wide colleagues to drive digital engagement.
The Digital Insights & Measurement team (In India) is a part of DEP team and would deliver digital analytics and insights for the GCS suite of digital products & capabilities. The team would be responsible for innovating and transforming the process to measure and understand the customer behavior towards our digital tools.
The Intern candidate for Digital Insights Capabilities will report into the Manager, Digital Insights
Measurement. The candidate will be responsible for the Digital Information, BI & Reporting capabilities on big data. She/he will be responsible for the Commercial Digital Data Warehouse setup, performance measurement dashboard automation & creating highly robust big data infrastructure to support analytics and business intelligence using state of the art business tools. These analysis, BI suites and data will be used for understanding and effectively measuring the value of GCS digital channel, as well as defining and influencing the global commercial digital strategy.
We offer a student program to strengthen your skills and help shape your future personally and professionally. The Internship Program is considered one of the key entry points for our full-time campus hires. It is a project-based program that provides you with the opportunity to address real business challenges and offers you access to senior leaders, professional development activities, fun social events and more.
Specific job responsibilities will depend on the project assigned to the intern. Overall, all projects will require the intern to:
• Solve complex business problems, leveraging leading technologies like Big Data, Hadoop, Java, Hive, Pig, Python, SQL
• Create innovative solutions to help American Express grow and drive revenue
• Build capabilities that enable American Express to leverage its closed loop data for purposes of insight generation, business decision making and business intelligence
• Implement advanced algorithms on Big data and other platforms that enable more efficient and real time availability of information for business use
• Ensure that processes that are created and implemented have strong value proposition for the business and long lasting usefulness.
• The role provided will be a part of one of the many capability job families including data automation, business intelligence, custom consulting capabilities, etc.
Qualifications & Skills required:
•Detail orientation with strong programming, analytical and problem solving skills.
•Solid written and oral communication skills with an ability to convey results, explain issues, drive resolution.
•Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
•Ability to think outside the box to develop solutions to complex issues and drive results.
•Open to learning new tools and technologies.
• Ability to understand data, research and fix issues. Be hands on with working on large datasets.
•Understanding of database concepts like table structures, data relationships, and data coding.
•Must be a self-starter and drive key processes, while working well in a team environment as a key contributor.
•An advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2019, 12:00:30 PM