American Express Careers
Director, Market HR Head
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
The primary role of the Market HR Director for Philippine is to provide HR leadership to the Country Executive Team and the One HR team in the market. The role is responsible for defining and implementing a robust Human Capital Plan ( Market Colleague Plan) to enable the continued growth and development of the Philippines business, aligned with global Market HR and Asia Pacific HR priorities.
- Act as a key member and active participant of the Philippine Country Executive Team
- Design, align and deliver a prioritized, targeted Human Capital Plan (Market Colleague Plan) for the Philippine market
- Deliver transformational HR solutions that enable and promote business growth while promoting, protecting and enhancing our employee brand and reputation within a compliant construct
- Ensure that key priorities are tackled with a focus on returning investment to the Business through margin improvement, growth initiatives and organization transformation
- Provide day to day leadership of HR initiatives that are deployed in the Market by HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Expertise and the Global Strategic Capabilities and Servicing functions
- Ensure that the HR team is business focused, with a will to win approach, strong engagement and connected to the business and HR teams globally
- Ensure an external focus to enable market best practices to be capitalized upon and where associated market risks are considered e.g., lack of skills, demographics, employee representative groups
- Ensure compliance with all local laws, government requirements, regulations, and policies
- Deliver best in class practices ensuring a positive employee experience throughout the employee life-cycle
- Ensure a coherent and consistent approach to business transformation efforts within the Market and across lines of businesses
- Foster effective partnerships with the business and HR
- Drive change across a multi-disciplinary business units and diverse market
- Identify trends and proactively address risk areas
- Continuous self-development to maintain and enhance competence
- Maintain appropriate level of overall Business and HR knowledge
- Maintain strong external industry/professional focus
- Continue to develop and engage a high performing HR team.
- Provide exciting and challenging opportunities for HR professionals to develop and grow within the organization
- Deep understanding of HR disciplines and competitive practices
- Ability to interact in a high matrix working environment
- Excellent business/ financial acumen and client orientation
- Strong strategic thinking with the ability to balance thought leadership with “hands-on” execution and excellent people leadership skills
- Strong business planning and prioritization, with the ability to flex and reprioritize as demands shifts
- Lead talent management efforts to strengthen business capabilities through proactive management of critical talent. Includes leveraging Talent Assessment process, recognition programs, recruiting and retention strategies/goals
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to partner with senior leaders and lead change management efforts
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 2, 2019, 4:54:58 AM