American Express Careers
Director & Lead Financial Officer, FP&A, Hong Kong and Taiwan
The Director, Lead Financial Officer (LFO) will play a key role in leading project-based business decision support; financial planning and forecasting; and recurring monthly results tracking and reporting for the following businesses under the Global Consumer Services Group (“GCSG”):
- Hong Kong Proprietary Card Services
- Taiwan Proprietary Card Services
The successful candidate will actively engage business partners and work across cross-functional teams to analyze, derive and communicate valuable product and market-related analysis and insights. Further, by leveraging his/her financial knowledge, this candidate will help formulate the key strategies and make recommendations on how to best drive American Express’ growth and profitability throughout the region.
Business Decision Support: Partner with the various GMs and other key constituents across the Blue Box organization (e.g. Business Development, Product Management, Marketing, Acquisitions, Risk Management, Controllership). Provide senior management with timely finance-related analysis and recommendations across a range of critical business decisions.
Planning & Forecasting: Serve as a key local contact for the centralized HQ Planning & Forecasting team while driving the business forecasting process. Gather firsthand inputs from business partners to more accurately project future business performance and guide forecasts based on current trends, risks and opportunities.
Results Tracking & Reporting: Provide detailed analysis and supporting commentary on actuals vs. budget variances. Examine monthly results and P&L outcomes and further communicate business performance and inform senior management on financial reporting data.
- Experienced candidate with 7-10 years of financial analysis, corporate finance and/or relevant experience, preferably with financial services industry knowledge
- Finance qualification or equivalent experience and/or MBA preferred
- Strong executive presence, professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to interact with and build consensus across multiple levels of the organization
- Strong followership and people leadership experience with demonstrated success in identifying, developing and retaining top talent
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with senior executives and cross-functional teams and understand key business issues and concerns from multiple perspectives
- Highly seasoned in deriving and communicating insights and recommendations, demonstrating thought leadership and being proactive in driving the Finance agenda
- Capable of managing and prioritizing tasks concurrently; effective at prioritizing multiple workstreams and meeting tight internal and external partner deadlines
- Knowledge of AXP’s card issuance business, including key drivers, familiarity with P&L revenue and expense lines and Finance processes preferred
- Proficient in Cantonese and English language
- This role will be based full-time out of our Hong Kong office in Taikoo Shing
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2019, 9:48:12 PM