American Express Careers
Information Security Manager
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Information Security technology team is looking for a Technical Project Manager, responsible for managing the team’s capacity as they contribute to capabilities to improve operations and product features across the portfolio, as well as ensuring that delivery requirements, timelines, dependencies and risks are clearly communicated to all stakeholders. This position works closely with product owners, architects, engineers and quality assurance across multiple scrum teams and products, acting as a single point of contact for the team, and assisting in generating new partnerships and consulting engagements. Responsible for handling project costs, resources, change requests, risks and issues to ensure that maximum business benefits are maintained. Provides regular project status updates.
- Develop project plans and ensures that the scope and approach are fully understood by all partners
- Manage Agile work flow via JIRA/Rally tools, ensuring all systems of record for project reporting are kept current, and directs and monitors work efforts on a regular basis
- Ensures accurate reflection of project budgets, forecasts and actuals within project and program management tools
- Identifies and tracks key project achievements
- Monitors and communicates progress of project delivery by cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risks/issues
- Ensures effective change control procedures and processes are efficiently used to retain control on scope, schedule and cost
- Ability to handle project resources and achievement deadlines
- Ability to track and mitigate project risks
- Ability to ensure project meets compliance and regulatory obligations with the highest quality of deliverables
- Apply project management best practices, demonstrating effective use of project management deliverables to plan, schedule, manage and report status for all assigned programs.
- Develop collaborative communication plans indicating how and when all key stakeholders will be engaged, prepared, consulted and informed over the course of all programs.
- Contribute to setting the direction for the ongoing maturation of ServiceNow to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Facilitate team collaboration to create, plan, share and communicate program knowledge deliverables including business cases, requirements documents, process flows, workflows and procedures.
- Capture, record, report and escalate program risks, issues, and changes to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- 3 years of experience working with ITSM practices
- 3 years of project management experience with a demonstrated track record of successful project delivery
- 2 years of experience managing programs using Agile methodologies
- 2 years of experience working directly with Scrum Teams in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships through various communication channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Jira/Rally, desired
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Computer Science, Business Administration, etc
- Background or certification in Service Management frameworks (ITIL, COBIT), preferred
- Agile and/or PMP certification, desired
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 4, 2019, 5:29:09 PM