The Global Benefits team at American Express has a long history of offering innovative benefits with a unique culture that backs colleagues so they can fulfill their personal and professional priorities throughout all stages of life. As a member of the Global Benefits team, you will manage and implement the Work Life programs that help our colleagues accomplish their daily responsibilities outside of work – like taking care of a child, spouse, parent or pet – and support them during the moments that matter. Programs range from our industry leading, gender-neutral parental leave policy and suite of family benefits to our personal concierge service.
The primary focus of this role is to develop, drive, and manage all Work Life initiatives ensuring benefits offerings positively impact our culture and enhance the overall colleague experience while aligning with business objectives and our overarching total rewards strategy. If you’re an energetic analytical thinker with both the skills and the passion needed to drive integrated and innovative program design with meaningful results, this is the right role for you.
- Play a key role in developing overall work life design and strategy
- Lead day-to-day delivery of established national programs and at the local level with key business stakeholders
- Ensure the quality of program delivery by reviewing program effectiveness, utilization, engagement and satisfaction
- Evaluate data and develop cost/impact analysis and recommendations for changes to programs that align with our strategy
- Direct oversight of work life vendor partners and onsite resources
- Responsible for the financial management and forecasting of the Work Life budget
- Develop and implement integrated program delivery calendar and project plans
- Partner with internal marketing team for program promotion including development and/or distribution of promotional materials, benefit communications, education and engagement
- Keep a pulse on work life trends and issues, conduct benchmarking research, request and review proposals from current vendors and potential vendors for evolving needs
- Contribute to colleague engagement through local oversight/management/support of related programming and partnering with key colleague networks
- Act as a center of expertise for team members and the HR community, regarding benefit practices
- Partner closely with internal partners to ensure plan/program performance, maintain service levels and comply with all internal and external legislative and regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in corporate Work Life benefits field required
- Strong understanding of the key drivers of benefit plan program changes in current market environment
- Proven project management expertise and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and drive results
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently establish plans and successfully execute multiple assignments with concurrent deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Anticipate needs and proactively work to develop solutions
- Ability to manage and maximize relationships with third party advisors and vendors
- Highly professional with established relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving and highly developed reasoning skills
- High level of energy and commitment; ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and excellence in execution
- Exceptional writing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills required
- Strong computer and financial analysis skills with experience analyzing data and budgets to drive decision-making
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required – in a benefits-related or Human Resources field preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2019, 12:18:04 PM