American Express Careers
The Global Merchant Services EMEA Marketing team is a fast-paced, innovative regional team supporting local markets to deliver marketing in support of our merchant network.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the merchant marketing strategy in the Netherlands with the objective to expand our coverage, increase card usage and drive revenue by developing and consulting on marketing plans for key prospects and the largest accounts. As the leader of all merchant marketing activities for the Dutch market, this position has high visibility within the local market, with leading Dutch brands as part of external client work, and with the regional GMS Marketing team across London and Paris.
- Provide strategic marketing consultancy to local managed accounts and key prospects
- Develop marketing strategies and plans for the Netherlands based on the pan European business and marketing strategy to grow/protect revenue, expand coverage
- Build and execute joint marketing plans with both prospects and existing partners (merchants) based on their business objectives around growth, retention, customer expansion
- Ensure tracking of initiatives and report back to partners and internal stakeholders
- Drive merchant satisfaction through above initiatives
- Manage marketing budget and planning
- Close collaboration with functions across different markets and Business Units on a local and international level (Client Management, Acquisition Teams, Product Management, Customer Services, Compliance, Legal, Consumer Marketing)
- Launch new marketing capabilities and systems (eg One Maps, Registered Card capabilities)
- Ensure all marketing campaigns occurs in full compliance with the GMS International Marketing Governance Principles
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Graduate degree with relevant work experience in marketing
Strong Consultative Selling Skills including excellent relationship building, time management “executive presence” and presentation skills
Experience in B2B as well as B2C marketing beneficial including customer facing roles e.g. partner marketing, including agency management
Ability to work in a deadline-driven and highly matrixed international environment, with the need to influence the actions, behaviours, and thoughts of others within or outside direct control
Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive results
Strong team player and in building relationships both local and international who can work effectively in a matrix environment
Highly resourceful, independent and able to work with all levels internally and externally
Strong attention to detail
Excellent written and spoken English; native Dutch speaker
Strong understanding and possible network of the Dutch payment landscape and/or retail, supermarket and/or e-commerce business preferred but not required
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 10:08:46 AM