American Express Campus Recruitment – 2020 Credit & Fraud Risk Full-Time Analyst
Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team. This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks throughout the customer lifecycle, across our consumer and commercial businesses, and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
This team is structured under five core functions:
1. Credit Risk Strategy: Monitor credit portfolios and optimize profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle
2. Fraud Risk Strategy: Develop fraud prevention strategies on behalf of our customers
3. Decision Science: Build predictive models using AI/Machine Learning for all portfolios and products
4. Risk Capabilities: Develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and execute credit and fraud risk strategies
5. Operation Risk Excellence: Create and execute operational risk strategies to maintain an effective control environment
What Type of Work Will I Do
You will work in a highly dynamic and exciting environment working closely with colleagues in other Risk Management teams, Marketing, Finance, Servicing, Legal, Compliance, Banking, and Technology to create world-class analytical solutions.
- Responsible for providing analytical support to enable billing, revenue growth and profitability through diverse analytical projects.
- Expected to develop disciplined monitoring of credit and fraud risk metrics at the portfolio level as well as across the customer life cycle such as underwriting, customer management etc. and perform root cause analyses of concerning trends and identify performance drivers.
- Integrating new data sources and capabilities to drive key business decisions
- Collaborating with multiple partners including finance and functional teams such as new accounts, customer management.
- Collaborate extensively with colleagues to design and implement risk control strategies based on statistical, financial and economic analysis
- Maintain an effective control environment and respond to operational breakdowns with discipline
What We Are Looking For
- Degree from an accredited university with high GPA in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics or Physics
- Strong analytical and decision making skills – must have the ability to compile, analyze, research, and link complex issues
- Proven team skills including the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment and across geographical boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in high pressure situations and handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously – must be a self-starter
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, SQL, R, Python or another similar programming languages
- Experience working with statistical and data mining techniques, including regression analysis and Machine Learning tools for pattern recognition and predictive analytics preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Willingness to learn and master new systems
- Knowledge of MS Office applications required
- Currently enrolled in a full-time program at an accredited university
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
Life at American Express
American Express is known for backing our customers to help them achieve their goals and dreams, big and small. At American Express, we’re changing the way people live and work through meaningful projects with real-world impact. When you join our team you can make a difference by improving the everyday lives of customers around the world.
Growing great leaders is one of the things that sets American Express apart. Every colleague has the opportunity—and is encouraged—to take their personal leadership to the next level through a wide variety of leadership and learning programs.
and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide
resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial, and
emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness
program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of paid parental
leave (to be eligible, employees must complete at least on year of continuous
service immediately prior to the birth or placement of the child), health
(dental and vision) and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with
company match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you
can work how it makes sense for you, without compromising our commitment to our
colleagues, customers, and shareholders.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our colleagues. Through our 15 Employee Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other colleagues while expanding their knowledge of the business. American Express is a place where being yourself matters.
Why Work at American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them guidance and support.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Learn more about our Credit & Fraud Risk group at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Tags: USUndergrad, UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 6:28:47 AM