American Express Careers
Director Customer Engagement and Growth
Driving growth from our existing Card members is a strategic imperative for American Express. The mission of the US Customer Management and Personal Loans team is to drive increased share, scale and relevance with existing customers through best in class solutions and a seamless digital experience.
The US Customer Management and Personal Loans team is currently hiring a Director of Customer Engagement and Growth, who will be focused on driving spend growth and deepening engagement with US Lending existing customers. This individual will leverage both qualitative and quantitative insights to develop and execute on spend growth strategies, with close partnerships from a variety of key internal partners. This role represents a unique opportunity for the individual to directly influence and shape core strategy, acquiring general portfolio management and customer marketing experience along the way.
- Drive profitable and sustainable spend engagement from existing US Lending customers by understanding the customer lifecycle and capitalizing on opportunities to deepen the relationship
- Develop and optimize customer segmentation to better assess Card Member profiles and behavior across portfolio to develop customer engagement strategies.
- Develop compelling business cases for customer management strategies to gain alignment with a broad set of stakeholders.
- Deliver actionable insights and recommendations with measurable value. Develop test-and-learn agenda and track efficiency as needed.
- Deliver against aligned Customer Engagement strategies and tactics by effectively collaborating with partners across American Express including Marketing, Risk, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Servicing.
- Manage a team of 4 individuals
- A customer-first mindset and understanding of customer behavior
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of portfolio dynamics and drivers
- Innovative thinker and creative problem-solver who is able to challenge the status quo
- Previous experience leading teams and driving strong employee engagement with a proven track-record of developing talent
- Influential and compelling leadership skills across cross-functional teams and competing stakeholder priorities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 1:34:55 PM