Global Network Operations (GNO) enables American Express to be the world’s leading payment Network for all Card Issuers and Merchant Acquirers. The focus of GNO is to deliver an operationally and commercially robust Network, create value by developing differentiated products, capabilities and services. The Network Platform & Product Delivery organization is dynamic with a mission to enable growth and innovation along with maximizing the value of our technical platforms/products as key business assets.
The Manager of Operational Readiness will be responsible for assessing and redesigning business operational processes to support both the Network Modernization (NeMo) program and ongoing operational innovation and improvements. This is a position that will partner closely with internal GNO teams (i.e. Product, Partner Deployment, Global Certifications, Partner Managers) and other stakeholders across the Blue Box to streamline processes and drive transformational change in how American Express delivers value to its issuers, acquirers and other key players in the value chain.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and document current processes related to core network functions (i.e. product deployment, new partner onboarding, etc.).
- Develop a complete understanding of the customers and users interacting with the network.
- Analyze and assess pain points and develop a comprehensive roadmap.
- Collect and analyze competitive data related to core network operations.
- Drive implementation of strategic initiatives by working with various Subject Matter Experts.
- Inform the platform delivery teams of key findings and opportunities that should influence their build development plan.
- Proven ability to build, nurture, manage and leverage critical business relationships.
- Experience in operations, strategy and/or consulting.
- Strong understanding of process improvement techniques and applications.
- Self-starter who is highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and adaptable.
- Comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Curious mind who can dig for information and ask the right questions.
- Strong analytical thinking and quantitative aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority, across band levels.
- Strong collaborative skills, working in a matrix environment with cross functional teams
- Excellent knowledge and experience using PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Excel
- PMI Certification is a plus but not required
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2019, 9:18:57 AM