Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers, join our transformation team!
We are growing our engineering team and are specifically looking for a senior backend engineer whom can work with others in the team to deliver innovative products. You will be part of a fast-paced team responsible for developing and delivering products and components focused on Application Security.
Our technology Stack: ReactJS, Java 8/11, Spring Boot 2x, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Elastic, Object Store, Docker, Kubernetes
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops data driven products focused on application security.
- Owning all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications.
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending about 80% of time writing code, REST APIs, doing proof of concepts and conducting code reviews
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- 7+ years of software development experience with 5 years of experience in Web Application and REST API Development using Java technologies is required.
- Experience in Microservices architecture is required.
- 2 years of experience in Spring (MVC, Data, AOP, Security) and Spring Boot required.
- Experience with distributed caches, NOSQL/SQL database, Messaging systems and data structure fundamentals required.
- Strong understanding on classic and Cloud Native Design Patterns is required. Microservices architecture.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and continuous integration/delivery.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2019, 2:54:15 PM