American Express Careers
Data Engineer III
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• In this role you will be responsible for taking care of L1 & L2 support activities like
taking care of all Prod Jobs & make sure data is loaded into warehouse.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis and resolution of critical applications and batch processes.
• Should be able to be monitoring Informatica workflows & performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
• Provided 24/7 on-call support for production
• Diagnose connectivity issues relating to middleware across multiple database sources
• Proactively monitored Application Processes, identified enhancements, root cause analysis for any issues.
• Communicate workarounds to be followed to L1 and L2 till the issue gets resolve. Raising issues to development team and working with them closely for permanent fix.
• 2-3 years IT working experience in the areas of Data warehousing, RDBMS like (Informatica/SQl server)
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or equivalent associate degree.
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and a passion to learn new technology
• Knowledge on Hadoop (working in Hive) is handy.
• Ability to work with different teams to meet timely objectives
• Proficient in using basic UNIX Commands & Shell Scripting as well
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
• Hands on working with ServiceNow/Incident tracking/ticketing systems
• Knowledge on Hadoop related DB (Postgres/Greenplum) is handy..
• Experience in working with onshore/offshore model
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019, 4:53:59 AM