American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide—combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities—enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Purpose of the Role:
Incumbent will be responsible to strategize and drive improvement opportunities in control review standards for payment.
Successful candidate will be responsible to driving efficiencies and standardization for controls within payment process. He will lead discussions with various risk team, auditors, AXP business users to enable minimization of risk of third party onboarding, duplicate / incorrect payments.
• Redefine structure for procurement & payment review process in line with Amex policies and procedures
• Define strategy driving efficiency for payments processes
• Ensure completeness and comprehensiveness of audit plans
• Interact with business partners to identify gaps in process and fix them proactively
• Review legacy payments data to identify opportunities to improve controls around payments/recovery
• Lead trainings with business partners
• Strategize development of data quality standards to drive consistency
• Lead review of root cause analysis of risk events as an input to the development of preventive controls and generate improve controls
• Globalize learnings across Global Payments team to improve quality /efficiency of reviews and timely remediation of issues
Critical Factors to Success:
Advanced degree preferred (MBA/Chartered Accountant/Post Graduate) with atleast 2 years of post qualification work experience in an internal control, risk management and audit. Extensive experience of Payments processes will be preferred
Knowledge of Procurement businesses, products and systems
2. Expert knowledge of Payments processes, systems and linked controls
3. Quick learner and self starter and strong willingness to learn and embrace new things
4. Attention to detail and result oriented
Knowledge of Platforms:
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 3:11:24 PM