American Express Careers
Senior Financial Analysis Manager
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide—combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities—enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Function Description: Bank Services CoE is part of Global Treasury Operations and is responsible for end-to-end bank service lifecycle across the globe. The bank service lifecycle includes managing the process to open, close and maintain bank accounts, administering access to online bank portals and analyzing bank fees to ensure adherence to bank service agreements. The Bank Services CoE collaborates with bank account owners to rationalize or procure bank services.
Purpose of the Role:
- To effectively manage bank account infrastructure for one of the regions
- To analyse the bank fee to ensure adherence to bank servive agreements and find oppurtunities to save at blue box level
- Efficient administration of the online access portals
- Provide differentiated solutions to internal stakeholders from treasury solution perspective
- Adhernce to PRSA and controls
This position will be responsible primarily for:
- Execute bank account administration including opening, closing and adding required services to accounts.
- Execute bank system administration user access requests
- Maintain Global bank account database ensuring timely bank account updates are being performed in the region
- Maintain global static data in Treasury Management System - Maintain entity corporate banking documentation and partner with banking institutions to ensure AXP authorized signers up-to-date.
- Bank fee collation and analysis.
- Assist AXP business units with bank account related questions.
- Managing key stakeholders like GTO, Business Units and Controllership.
- Maintaining healthy working relationships with various banks
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing the best solution to reduce bank fees and towards process improvements.
- Managing Audit, SOX, PRSA and perform the role of Spoc for the entire treasury Unit.
- Manage Basel static cash submission including research of bank account and CCID inconsistencies
- Oversight and backup of other regions.
- Managing Global projects related to bank services and Treasury.
- The candidate is required to be flexible and open to any shift however the majority of the shifts will be from 1:30pm to 9:30pm
Critical Factors to Success:
Deliver key treasury operations goals such as rationalization of architecture, ensuring optimal pricing for banking infrastructure, drive compliant processes across Bank services COE
Streamline processes and drive operational efficiencies
Understand & leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team & create opportunities to support the automation team to get that implemented
Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
2-6 years of past experience with:
Treasury experience across banks, corporates or similar financial operations
Preferred: Exposure to banking operations, FX, money markets & derivative instruments; Knowledge of card business model & economics
MBA (Finance) CA / CPA / MBA with 1-3 years of experience
Post Graduate in Finance/Economics with 4-5 years of experience
Understanding of Basel capital adequacy & ALM
Understanding of operational , SOX & other related control framework compliance
Transaction banking relationship management
- banking infrastructure management
- bank access administration and
- bank's compensation (analysis, reporting and negotiation)
Banking products subject matter expertise for setting up compliant, simple yet efficient collections and payments solutions across the globe for AXP customers
Understanding of financial domain
• Knowledge of principles of cash management, FX exposure, banking operations
- Bank Account management KYC documentation
• Analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis
• Knowledge of financial systems Preferred.
• Basic understanding of automation capabilities
• Understanding of business products
• Treasury Management System (TMS) such as FIS Quantum, FX Trading terminals (Bloomberg, 360T, Reuters, etc), Bank Account Management (BAM),
• Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Preferred: Ability to use analytical, tools for financial systems such as Oracle, IRIS, OBIEE, Essbase, Hyperion, Financial Reporting (HFR), etc
- SWIFT Messaging MT101/103/940/942/202, Electronic Fund Transfer Modes (RTGS/WIRES/CHIPS/ACH/CHAPS/GIRO/BACS/SEPA/FAST)
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate, Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 11:04:24 AM