American Express Careers
Business Analyst - National Client Group, T&E Team
Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express that acquires and maintains relationships with merchants who welcome American Express branded cards. Our goal is to be an indispensable payments partner to our partners while simultaneously delivering differentiated products and services that meet or exceed customer needs and drive revenue growth and premium economics for both merchants and American Express.
The National Client Group (NCG) within Merchant Services – U.S. is responsible for overseeing the largest and most strategic U.S. – based merchants. Our mission is to be warmly welcomed by merchants and help them grow. The Travel & Entertainment Team is a priority for the Global Merchant Services business and American Express, and this role offers a prime opportunity to be a part of a strategic growth industry at American Express.
The NCG Travel & Entertainment Team covers the Restaurant, Lodging, Airline, Cruise, Entertainment, Fitness, Publishing & Services business segments. As a key part of the team, the Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the T & E Team with a high profile diverse set of merchants accounting for ~ $67BN in charge volume. This is a highly strategic and analytical role reporting directly to the VP and General Manager of the business. In addition to supporting the Travel & Entertainment team, the Analyst will be an integral and key member of the NCG Executive Office, supporting leadership in executing key strategic projects for leadership across American Express.
- Drive collaboration across the T&E team by supporting business development and marketing partnerships
- Lead initiatives and deliverables to drive value for the National Client Group including Quarterly Business Reviews and strategic projects for Executives across American Express.
- Research, analyze and prepare data and insights for industry analysis, merchant strategy development and business reviews as well as internal account planning
- Play an active role in the team, contributing ideas and recommendations to help drive growth of charge volume across the portfolio
- Manage and optimize the NCG Contractual marketing budget, and Point of Purchase budgets
- Share and leverage best practices across the team and broader National Client Group
- Analytical skills and financial acumen, comfortable using data to formulate and support theories
- Proven decision making and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, able to drive results working across multiple partners at various levels throughout the organizations
- Ability to work cohesively with senior leaders
- Proven ability to learn business systems, including reporting and CRM tools
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- 2 years of similar work experience
- Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 4:04:07 PM