Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
This Senior Infrastructure Engineer I role will provide Technical leadership for the design, deployment and management of critical hardware and software that supports American Express Finance, Regulatory Reporting and Procurement business capabilities. This portfolio heavily leverages Oracle Business Solutions such as e-Business Suite as well as Oracle Database Solutions such as Exadata.
Member of an Infrastructure Product Engineering team reporting to an Engineering Director, extended member of Software Product Engineering team.
- Work closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs.
- Participate in the infrastructure design and selection process.
- Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product road map.
- Oversee the diagnosis and correction of Infrastructure problems.
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments.
- Support the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks.
- Provide value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically.
- Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practice.
- Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support.
- Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.
- Provide Lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets.
Scope of Impact/Influence:
- Leads the design, build, enhancement and integration of infrastructure with American Express Technology.
- Plays an integral role in building and enhancing infrastructure in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency.
- Leadership accountable for team completing assigned tasks and delivery of quality work.
• 8+ years of experience with systems analysis/programming, incorporating: Design Methodology, Infrastructure Operations support or Engineering.
• Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of Oracle Performance Tuning required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
• Extensive experience in Oracle infrastructure and software best-practices.
• Hands-on experience with a variety of Software languages, Operating Systems, or Network protocols.
• Practical application using Agile or other rapid application development methods.
• 5+ years of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite.
• Experience with other DBMS’s (e.g., SQL Server, UDB, MySQL, Postgres) is a plus.
• Experienced knowledge using the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s).
• Core knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Driven Development, Waterfall, etc.).
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 8:08:58 AM