Campus Undergraduate: 2020 Strategic Planning Group – Full-Time Analyst
How should American Express innovate to remain a leader in the dynamic Payments and FinTech industry?
Our team members are at the forefront of pioneering change.
The Strategic Planning Group (SPG) is the Company’s enterprise strategy and internal consulting division. SPG serves as a partner to key leaders, the executive team, and the CEO, providing thought leadership and an external perspective on the most critical strategic initiatives and pressing challenges facing the Company.
Consultants in SPG are continuously energized by the incredible breadth and depth of project assignments. A role with SPG offers the unique opportunity to work across all business lines, collaborating with some of the top strategic minds in the industry – while developing consulting and leadership skills through formal training curriculum, mentorship, and coaching. As an SPG consultant, like in management consulting, you will be part of small project teams working on the Company’s toughest challenges, offering diverse and challenging work. In addition, a role with SPG provides you with the opportunity to see the impact of your solutions shape the Company’s growth.
SPG serves as a key talent-pipeline for future leaders at American Express, with consultants having the opportunity to transition into leadership roles across business units globally. Many senior executives began their careers at American Express in SPG.
What Can You Expect as an Analyst in SPG at American Express?
- Perform complex analysis and rigorous research to develop insights and solutions to the Company’s most critical strategic priorities
- Participate in significant aspects of projects – from scoping to problem structuring, analysis, and presentation
- Collaborate with talented teammates to deliver significant and sustainable results
- Engage business unit leaders and corporate executives to develop and present implementable solutions, and provide thought partnership and strategic counsel
- Participate in various networking events with senior leaders across business units to build a network and a deeper understanding of the Company
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Here Are the Skills and Experiences We Are Looking For. Do These Describe You?
- Strong problem-solving abilities and quantitative aptitude; intellectual curiosity
- Ability to drive change, impact, and be adaptable to a wide range of situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate effectively in a team
- Strong professional presence; effective communication and presentation skills
- A professional services mindset dedicated to serving the needs of our business partners
- A track record of results, passion for people, and desire for continual improvement
- A senior in a full-time undergraduate program; expected graduation May 2020 or sooner
A cover letter, answering why you are interested in SPG, is required.
Tags: UNV-12520, USUndergrad
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2019, 9:33:41 AM