GMS Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. They are responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate merchant acceptance and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Two of our key assets are the granular data we hold on the spend behaviour of millions of Card Members globally and the highly effective marketing channels we leverage to connect with Card Members. This position is based in Australia and will be accountable for driving revenue and enhancing merchant value maximizing those assets. The role will champion American Express’ data capabilities to demonstrate and prove the value of accepting American Express to our Merchant Partners in Australia and across the JAPA (APAC/Asia) region.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Manager role are as follows:
- Support the acquisition and retention of major Merchant partners by providing best in class services, consultation and data-led solutions.
- Drive an Insights-led approach to optimise marketing programs and Strategic Projects across common areas for the 4 markets of Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore, in alignment with global business and brand strategy.
- Develop and execute our Business Insights product strategy, providing tools and products that both scale Business Insights support as well as provide additional unique value to Merchants.
- 10+ years’ experience in Marketing/Data Analytics or Strategy.
- Strong data analytics and strategic mindset, with an ability to distil insights from data and help drive business decisions.
- A strong customer-first mindset – a passion for learning and understanding the needs of our merchants.
- Cultural sensitivity and a capability to work across different cultures, with an ability to read unspoken cultural norms and adjusting style to match norms.
- Effective at influencing executive level stakeholders across functional areas, and managing external partners
- Ability to influence and drive outcomes within a complex global matrix organization and with sophisticated, large global clients.
- Deep experience of pitching successful marketing strategies and driving change.
- Superior commercial and analytical skills, financial acumen, and innovative problem-solving expertise.
- A passion for innovation and developing new ways of working.
- Flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2019, 10:19:09 PM