Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Card members as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Digital Analytics/Data Science intern, you have the opportunity to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as we work together to create digital products and develop actionable data-driven insights to meet the customers of tomorrow.
The Digital Analytics/Data Science internship at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape digital experiences for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail when it comes to developing the analyses, models, and algorithms that power our customer’s digital experiences.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
Digital Analytics/Data Science interns will serve as a key member of cross functional teams in the Enterprise Digital & Analytics organization.
What type of work can you expect to do in Digital at American Express?
Work with massive amounts of digital data (Web, App, API) and sophisticated tools in an industry leading Big Data environment.
- Build everything from basic reports to advanced machine learning models and algos to drive improvements to our customer’s online and mobile app experiences.
Develop insights into customer behavior and introduce new approaches to transform complex behavioral data into actionable information
- Build, tune, deploy, and monitor real-time scoring solutions that are used for digital campaign audience targeting, channel optimization and site optimization.
- Design, implement, and measure the results from sophisticated A/B testing experiments.
- Partner closely with our Digital Product and Business Unit teams to provide insights which inform product development decisions as well as actionable, insightful analytical solutions to help the leadership team evaluate and drive business performance
We have the know-how, creative platform and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
- Passion for improving end-to-end customer experience, innovation and customer first thinking
- Strong interest in digital space and ability to collaborate with technology and product partners
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with fine details and manage many stakeholders
- Strong analytical and programming skills (ie: Python, Spark, R, Java, SQL, HQL)
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Proficient in presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Currently enrolled in full-time Graduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2019, 8:44:22 PM