American Express Careers
Inside Sales Representative
FX International Payments (FXIP) from American Express offers cross-border B2B payment solutions to meet the foreign currency needs of its clients. Our business is experiencing rapid growth and we are expanding our team to dramatically accelerate our gains in SG market share.
The Inside Sales Representative we seek will be responsible for generating opportunities from marketing supplied leads for our Sales Team. This position is an entry level role into FXIP and is an excellent opportunity for the right person to learn the business and hone his/her sales skills. If you are a self-starter with a hunger to succeed, a passion for discovering opportunities and selling, we would like to talk to you about a great career opportunity with American Express.
- You will achieve your goals by consistently generating qualified leads through contact and conversations with key decision makers (Finance Managers, Treasurers & Business Owners) at SME and middle market businesses.
- Your ability to navigate successfully to the decision maker and then obtaining answers to key qualifying questions will be essential in this role.
- Your qualified leads will then be relayed to pertinent Business Development Managers within the FXIP Sales Team for further pursuit.
- Your success will be determined primarily by the quality and quantity of leads generated on a daily and weekly basis as well as your overall call volume.
- You will also be measured on how efficiently you manage your time, your interaction with the team, and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Exceptional consultative phone skills, including the ability to clearly articulate, inspire, project confidence, influence, overcome objections, and remain resilient throughout.
- A proven track record in an outbound, lead generation environment.
- Proven ability to work through multiple layers of organizational contacts, pursue and prioritize accordingly.
- Focused, self motivated team player with a strong will to win and surpass individual goals.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Passion for identifying customer delighters and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to positively represent American Express with all internal and external contacts.
- Exceptional client and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer fundamentals including Microsoft Office and Internet
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2019, 8:40:51 PM