The Consumer Charge card business is a strategic priority within Proprietary Consumer Services (PCS) that manages the end to end customer lifecycle for Consumer Charge Card products in Australia & New Zealand including the Green Card, Gold Card & our Super Premium Centurion & Platinum cards. We are a dynamic, collaborative team who partner with local and international business units & external partners to drive charge card growth through acquisition, differentiated value propositions and compelling engagement strategies. This exciting Product Manager role reports to the Director of Consumer Charge Cards and has leadership responsibility for 2 direct reports.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing and initiating portfolio management strategies to drive billings & revenue growth
- Charge Card product management, including product refreshes, engagement & marketing strategies to drive business growth and meet business goals
- Premium Servicing strategies in partnership with TLS to grow share of travel wallet and improve servicing experience
If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment through partnering with expert colleagues located both in Australia & globally, thrive on delivering results for the customer and the business with experience in financial services, or a similar industry then this is the right team for you. Read on for more details of the role.
- Develop compelling market leading charge card strategies and innovate existing products to ensure products are profitable, deliver clear and compelling value, and fit within the broader product line strategy.
- Management & analysis of existing charge card portfolios to improve contribution to revenue by increasing spend, decreasing attrition and improving key performance dynamics.
- Conduct regular portfolio performance analysis across the card portfolio to identify profitable products and segments as well as identify untapped growth segments, developing targeted offerings to increase level of engagement across all Card products
- Partner with Benefits team to analyse market research to assess customer attitudes to Charge products and establish action plans to address
- Partner with Acquisition team to provide SME product knowledge to support and shape acquisition strategy
- Develop & execute marketing & engagement strategies & plans to deliver on business goals.
- Strong partnership with agency and internal comms teams regarding marketing campaigns
- Ensure the compliant operation of the product portfolio, identifying and addressing operational and compliance risk.
- Establish a strong customer management strategy and close effective partnership with Premium internal servicing teams such as GSN, TLS, Risk & Credit
- Ongoing analysis & reporting of competitive trends, threats and opportunities
- Partner and collaborate across PCS and the Blue Box to ensure enterprise strategy alignment, delivery of key initiatives to support business goals.
- 5 years marketing & product management experience preferably with a focus on premium customer segments, leading and developing multiple product portfolios and projects.
- Strong portfolio management & analytical expertise
- Strong commercial acumen, including ability to identify and ‘size’ growth opportunities and drive thought leadership with stakeholders
- Highly skilled and experience in leveraging data to gain insights to drive strategy & Idea’s
- Customer advocate with strong influencing skills – ability to take ownership and achieve results in areas outside direct control
- Understanding of American Express Consumer Card products and competitive landscape
- Self-motivated & results oriented with excellent organizational skills
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019, 7:08:31 AM