American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
Seeking a motivated, proactive team player with strong initiative, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills to provide administrative support for the VPs in the Global Commercial Limits & Pricing team in the Credit and Fraud Risk organization at American Express. The Global Commercial Limits & Pricing team operates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and the day-to-day responsibilities require seamless collaboration across a wide range of business partners and stakeholders.
This role is an integral part of the team and the candidate needs to be extremely proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of the team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with experience handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, be able to work independently and confidently under pressure, and have a great positive attitude demonstrating willingness to go above and beyond to help the team be successful. Building strong relationships with a wide range of personalities, the ability to manage and operate in a dynamic environment, being resourceful and knowing how to navigate large organizations are critical to success in this position.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Onsite support for VPs: meeting logistics including coordinating meetings with virtually located teams, coordination with other executive offices, real estate management, catering, AV organization, printing, etc.
- Day to day scheduling and calendar: managing multiple requests simultaneously, understanding needs of the VPs for blocked time and prioritizing requests for immediate vs. later scheduling
- Expense management: Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports in line with company and organization requirements using Concur Expense System
- Travel management using concur travel tool – flight, hotel, agenda management
- Managing general follow-ups and generating reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments
- Preparing and managing team organization charts, including updating distribution lists, onboarding for new hires, setting up group-wide meetings
- Procuring laptops, office supplies, office space, etc. and managing the procurement process including researching and approving invoices, and researching standard accounting errors
- Time keeping and submission for the VPs
5+ years of previous experience as an Executive Assistant to a senior leader
High level of proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as internal AXP (or related) tools and systems – phone functions, MS Outlook, Ariba, Concur, Payroll, SharePoint and myHR
Excellent time management and organizational skills with a strong focus on attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, timeliness, follow through and sense of urgency in executing
Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, work within deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives/tasks
- Must work well under pressure, staying positive, and without losing composure and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, IM, email and in-person – knows when to use which)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with executives and Executive Assistants across the organization
- Excited to come to work, get to know the team, has a sense of humor and wants to have some fun
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 3:42:17 PM