Product Owner, Single Submission Application Experience
Enterprise Digital & Analytics
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions
At Enterprise Digital & Analytics we place enormous emphasis on users and usability. With our mix of assets like payments, rewards, benefits and members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a modern, digital and connected world.
We are looking for talented product leaders to join our Single Submission Application Experience product team and help craft and deliver an exciting vision. You will have the opportunity to learn new things and see how you can make a direct contribution to the success of our company.
You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. You will have a real passion for using technology to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems, for bold decision-making and for digital innovation. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
Does this sound like you?
As a Product Owner you will;
• Define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and growth opportunities
• Assess value, develop use cases and prioritize features and user stories to ensure that work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy
• Work closely with your partners and colleagues to create and maintain feature backlog
• Craft high quality user stories with robust acceptance criteria
• Take a leading role in the iteration planning and product release plans, creating clear sprint/increment goals
• Take a leading role in delivery of features as they progress through the development lifecycle, mitigating impediments and tracking completion against sprint/increment goals
• Develop a keen understanding of the customer experience, researching and analysing user experience data and analytics to identify and quantify opportunity areas.
• Keep up to date with industry, competitor, Agile/SAFe methodologies and new trends
You should have the following skills and qualifications;
• 2+ years experience as a product owner within a user-centric product development team
• In depth knowledge of agile processes and principles
• Experience leading a program of digital user experience and interface improvements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to build positive relationships, influence decisions and make things happen
• Highly organized with a can-do attitude
• An ability to deal with a fast pace and changing needs
• Bachelors degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, or job experience in related fields
• Masters degree or MBA is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 10:28:20 AM