The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to two band 45s and their teams within the Transformation Management Organization, in GDCT&O. The EA position will be an integral part of the team and must have the ability to work well in a fast-paced organization and manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities with accuracy, flexibility and attention to detail. Critical to the success of this position is the development of positive working relationships with a wide range of colleagues both within and outside of American Express.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and maintain daily calendars/schedules
- Manage incoming calendar requests, proactively address conflicts and prioritize meetings
- Establish effective communication with colleagues in different locations and across lines of business to arrange meetings and conference calls, in some cases across multiple time zones
- Make complex travel arrangements including, air, hotel, transfers and visas with a keen attention to detail
- Coordinate, prepare and reconcile expenses using Concur Expense System
- Coordinate logistics and arrangements for regular and ad hoc internal or external meetings and events, including coordinating catering and delivery
- Assist with the administrative on-boarding and off-boarding processes for new hires and employee exits
- Processing of Ariba Buyer orders and other invoices
- Manage team contact lists and PTO tracking, keeping all fully up-to-date
- Technology support includes report and liaise with IT helpdesk for any technical support required and other tools, as needed
- Assist with support of team building and employee Engagement activities
- Assist in coverage for team-based Executive Assistants while on PTO or other leave
- Supporting special ad-hoc projects as assigned
- 5+ years of previous experience as an Executive Assistant
- An approachable and friendly demeanor and ability to reassure and connect with people within the team and across the company
- Effective calendar management skills and the ability to coordinate meetings
- Ability to think proactively about the VPs time, see issues before they arise
- Undertake proactive follow-ups on critical to-dos in order to effectively meet VPs deadlines/commitments
- Proven organization skills
- Sense of urgency and compliance to deadlines
- A problem solver; someone who can act on their feet and think quickly, effectively and calmly
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and a grasp of email etiquette a must
- Ability to multi-task and manage own workload with little to no direction given
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and desire to be part of the team and engage in team activities
- Experience using MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, along with basic internet skills
- Knowledge of American Express applications like Concur, Ariba, MyHR, CareerTrack and IT Service Catalog preferred, but not required. Ability to learn such programs quickly a must
- 4 year undergraduate degree preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 9:22:08 AM