There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Delivering features, services, components for travel ecosystem that touches millions of customers across the globe.
This high energized Software Engineer must be full stack and have:
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical
- 5+ years software development experience in a professional environment
- Understanding of Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Understanding of object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Exposure to object-oriented design and development across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Exposure to methods relating to application design, software development, and automated testing
- General knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, data structures, relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Experience in creating and implementing and integrating with REST and SOAP based Web Services.
- Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SOAP UI, Postman), Jenkins
- Exposure to Java, JEE, Spring, SpringBoot
- Recognizes the importance of collaboration to achieve objectives
- Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others
- Manages assigned tasks effectively; acts on own initiative without being prompted
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents application components
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
Having below skills/knowledge is a plus:
- Experience with Agile, Agile at scale (SAFE), other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Exposure to Web Services Security, Batch oriented frameworks, Vertx, Reactive Programming
- Exposure to working with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL etc..) and NoSQL (Couchbase, Cassandra, Mongo) databases
- Exposure to working with message driven systems (Kafka, Solace, OpenMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Exposure with internationalization and localization
- Travel domain knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with
American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa
sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2019, 3:47:10 AM