Global Merchant Services (GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express which acquires and maintains relationships with the millions of merchants around the world who welcome American Express Branded cards.
Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate merchant acceptance and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
As the Assistant Manager you will support Business Insights & Merchant Strategy team which sits within GMS Marketing JAPA. Which is primarily focused on developing and enhancing our Merchant Value proposition which plays a vital part in key business focus area such as; Improving Coverage, Perceptions of Coverage, Merchant Satisfaction and Increased Billings.
The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Manager role are as follows:
- Support Business Insights organization to develop internal insights from our proprietary data to inform areas of opportunity and strategic direction for JAPA GMS Marketing organization.
- Develop Merchant Value Proposition for JAPA Markets (Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore) through competitive analysis, internal and external research and best practice.
- Drive development of tools that both scale Business Insights support as well as provide additional unique value to Merchants.
- Own the day-to-day administration of regional A&P budget tracking and management.
- 3-4 years of business insights predominantly and some marketing experience would be ideal.
- Analytical skills and the ability to work with data to extract information and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrated skill in building and leveraging relationships; a team player able to successfully influence across multiple business units within American Express.
- Demonstrated ability to critically assess business needs and identify opportunities for positive change.
- Budget tracking & management
- Ability to review, document and implement process and solutions.
- Ability to work independently in time critical environment and to meet deadlines.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 1:05:33 AM