Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
• Provide Level 1 and Level2 problem identifications, diagnose and regular troubleshoots with redhat operating systems like RHEL 6.x and RHEL 7.x
• Understand redhat satellite kickstart process and deploy machines to IT infrastructure and automate basic fulfills through custom scripts
• Write/develop scripts and frameworks using one of the popular languages, like python, shell or Perl to automate regular operational work, to integrate with monitoring tools to monitor applications, systems, ingestions and adhoc requirements
• Work with Ansible and Puppet to develop ansible playbooks and puppet modules to automate route systems and application work
• Actively participate in troubleshooting and tuning OS level parameters as per application desires
• Continues remote efforts to work with multiple vendors to replace hardware components and ensure state to desired within regular production operational SLAs
• Provide support for regular systems patching, change implementations, maintenance and enhancements to production and Development IT systems
• Documentation written skills to prepare Knowledge base articles on implemented system changes, hardware troubleshoots and to prepare Root Cause Analysis in case of system or application failures.
• Proactively respond and work on problem alerts receiving through monitoring tools and other sources
• Be part of on-call rotation with other team players to monitor systems health and proactively engage SMEs to resolve issues on-time. Occasional weekend support may need in emergency system or production restorations
•Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
• 2-3 years of production operational experience in IaaS and PaaS, and proven ability in automate routine operational work using technologies
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems to include rpm management and user account management
• 1-2 years of experience with one of the configurations management tools like puppet, ansible or chef and ability to write own automation manifests or playbooks
• Experience with virtualization and/or cloud technologies such as VMWare vSphere, Hyper-V, Amazon Web Services or GCP
• Strong knowledge and experienced in writing snippets using one the known languages like Shell, Perl, Ruby or Python to support job duties
• Enthusiast to learn and upskill knowledge on open source and community technologies
• Strong working knowledge of IP address/Networking theory including common command line tools and commonly used ports to troubleshot and test network/connectivity issues
• Familiarity with DB products/theory including MSSQL, PostgreSQL and MySQL etc.
• Familiarity with monitoring frameworks either open source or Enterprise tools like Nagios, Icinga2, Zabbix or SolarWinds etc.
• Experience in working with onshore/offshore model
• Storage technologies knowledge is additional benefit to this role
• Profile add-ons if any Hadoop systems knowledge acquired in previous projects
• Not a mandatory and profile add-on, if any of mentioned certifications are completed in last 3 years – RHCSA, RHCE, Puppet PPT-206, Ansible, CompTIA Linux+, LIPC-1 and LFCE
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2019, 11:36:50 AM