Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
• Provide Level 2 and Level1 problem identifications, diagnose and regular troubleshoots with various windows operating systems like Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 etc.
• Understand and ability to write Power shell or python code to remediate on going regular system maintenance
• Write/develop scripts and frameworks using PowerShell or Python to automate regular operational work, to integrate with monitoring tools to monitor applications, systems and adhoc requirements
• SQL cluster deployments knowledge and theoretical understanding on SQL service packs and cumulative updates
• Knowledge on SQL database end client dependencies and perform OS level tuning based on SQL cluster loads
• Work with Ansible and Puppet to develop window patch management scripts and route operational remediation.
• Provide support for regular systems patching, change implementations, maintenance and enhancements to production IT systems
• Documentation written skills to prepare Knowledge base articles for IT applications and hardware changes, and to prepare Root Cause Analysis in case of system failures.
• Proactively respond and work on problem alerts receiving through monitoring tools and other sources
• Be part of on-call rotation with other team players to monitor systems health and proactively engage SMEs to resolve issues on-time
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
• 2-3 years of production operational experience in IaaS and PaaS, and proven ability in automate routine operational work using technologies
• Experience with Windows operating systems with including patch management and user role definitions
• SQL Server knowledge and experience on installations, maintenance of routine job troubleshoots
• Good experience with PowerShell scripting or python to automate routing windows operational tasks
• Knowledge on virtualization and/or cloud technologies such as VMWare vSphere, Hyper-V, Amazon Web Services or GCP
• Enthusiast to learn and upskill knowledge on community-based windows automation technologies
• knowledge of IP address/Networking theory including common command line tools and commonly used ports to troubleshot and test network/connectivity issues
• Familiarity with monitoring frameworks either open source or Enterprise tools like Nagios, Icinga2, Zabbix and SolarWinds etc.
• Experience in working with onshore/offshore model
• Profile add-ons if any configuration management tools knowledge acquired wrto Windows automations in previous projects
• Not a mandatory and profile add-on, if any of mentioned certifications are completed in last 3 years – Microsoft: Security Administrator Associate, CompTIA, Puppet PPT-206, Ansible etc.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2019, 11:37:33 AM