The Director of SME – Small & Medium Enterprises GCS (Global Commercial Services) SPAIN is responsible for a very important segment of the business contributing to 50% of the GCS billed business and also joins the GCS SPAIN Executive team reporting directly to the VP and General Manager of Global Commercial Services in Spain.
The Director of SME GCS SPAIN is responsible for growing our billings, revenues and profitability from Spain based businesses with turnover lower than € 100MM p.a. This will be done by leading, developing and motivating a team of experienced and highly energetic Sales Colleagues, operating in a diverse Channel structure (“Face-2-Face”, External Sales Agencies and Digital), including a Telephone based commercial team part of a European Hub that will have a dotted reporting line into the Director of SME. This team will be selling our Payment solutions, mainly Business Travel Accounts, Corporate & Business Cards.
This role is a combination of two goals of the business, i.e. on acquiring new customers to maximise our client base in GCS SPAIN and the other being able to driving expansions and retain the existing customers through thoughtful meaningful conversations with the clients
Other key priorities include customer retention and customer satisfaction, managing external stakeholder relationships and working closely with the wider GCS organisation and with other internal business partners.
Instils a culture across the team with new sales and expansions at the forefront of a drive to deliver results
Plays a critical role in representing this business segment internally and externally, aligning internal constituents to drive the business outcomes and ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirement of the market
Enhances our segmentation strategy to drive sustainable differentiation and profitability in this segment
Leads a team of colleagues and drive employee strategies to engage, motivate and develop all colleagues
Provides Strategic thought leadership across the region and develops strong partnerships with colleagues from these other European markets
Develops comprehensive Customer Insights strategy and infrastructure development
Develops customer retention and expansion strategies
Partners closely with Risk, Credit and Operations to meet its objectives
Maintains clarity and focus through a number of complex competing demands
Is part of, and contributes meaningfully to, the GCS SPAIN leadership team and the European SME Leadership Forum
Balances scorecard objectives with the broader business objectives and priorities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven track record in driving business growth through F2F sales, External channels and Digital with excellent performance reviews
- Superior analytical skills, financial acumen, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment with strong relationship management, influencing and collaboration skills. Proven track record driving results by effectively partnering with business partners in Risk, Credit, Compliance and Marketing
- Experience defining, implementing and managing a growth strategy in Payments or related area
- Exceptionally strong will to win in the market place
- Strong people leader experience with proven ability to motivate and develop diverse sales talent over several years
- Self-motivator who is driven and enthusiastic whilst respecting work-life balance
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership and creative solutions to business problems
- Must be able to influence multiple stakeholders across different functional areas/ geographies
- Key areas of expertise highly valued:
- Thorough understanding of the Travel Industry (TMCs, GDSs, Airlines)
- Selling in B2B space
- Digital Ecosystems
- Fintech landscape
- Fluent in English with strong communication & presentation skills and ability to interact effectively across all levels of an organisation both within Amex and externally
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 7:10:52 AM