2020 Customer Service and Business Strategy MBA Summer Internship
The Global Servicing Network (GSN), and Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) are two of our company’s largest divisions, making up over 50% of the American Express business, with employees in 25 countries across the world.
GSN delivers extraordinary customer care to card members, corporate clients and merchants around the world, while providing world class fraud protection and driving revenue growth for the company.
TLS serves American Express Card Members around the world with a full range of travel and lifestyle support, from trip planning and booking, to enhancing the broader travel experience and procuring premium experiences. This could be seats at the chef’s table to planning a wedding ceremony that includes a private helicopter tour into the Grand Canyon!
Our service is an award-winning competitive differentiator and is at the heart of our company’s vision. Our passion for attracting and retaining amazing talent is what makes us stand out as an employer of choice.
If you’re passionate about making an organization run more smoothly and efficiently, Customer Service and Business Strategy at American Express could be an ideal opportunity for you. Depending on your background, you could be involved in conducting systems and productivity analysis, or implementing cost control measures that help maximize the efficiency of services we deliver to customers.
What type of work can you expect to do in Customer Service and Business Strategy at American Express?
- Evaluate global processes and systems for opportunities to reengineer and transform our business operations
- Lead, partner, and liaise with diverse customer groups, such as Technologies and Marketing, to deliver project implementation and successful outcomes
- Leverage project management skills and principles to keep projects on schedule, within budget, and on time
- Analyze data with analytical, statistical, and optimization techniques to identify insights, opportunities, relationships, and quantify/measure results
- Present your project to senior leaders in our organization
Talent Attributes & Skills/Experience Needed
- Effective interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Excellent communicators – with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple and easy to understand manner
- Strong problem solvers and project managers
- Background and interest in both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated interest in Strategy/General Management
- Experience applying Six Sigma tools/methodology is a bonus
- Currently enrolled in full-time MBA Programme, due to finish between December 2020 or June 2021
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2019, 6:32:31 AM