American Express Careers
Analyst/Sr. Analyst, Air, Cruise & Destination Experiences Partnerships and Programs
American Express is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks, with ~$10B in sales across its global travel network, operated by the Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) team. TLS additionally manages and services many primary benefits for Amex’s Premium Cards, including Platinum and Centurion, as well as supporting critical Co-Brand partnerships.
This Analyst / Senior Analyst will support the Air, Cruise & Destination Experiences teams in TLS. These teams manage portfolio of preferred suppliers in their respective verticals and are responsible for developing and executing end-to-end growth strategies. The teams also own the programs designed to incentive Card Members to book through TLS and our Network of travel agencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting sales initiatives for preferred partners, including reporting, processing customer and agent offers, and communicating critical market information to frontline agents.
Providing flawless support of Card Member programs, including complaint management, usage reporting, and maintenance of key systems and documents.
Developing effective communications for internal stakeholders, external partners, and frontline agents.
Acting as a key liaison with cross-functional teams such as compliance, operations, and marketing to represent team needs as we work toward shared goals.
Project manager on key initiatives that will help maximize the effectiveness of a team with many growth opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to digest business strategies and incorporate them into core responsibilities, with great attention to detail.
- Problem solver with a positive attitude who shows pro activity in creating clarity amid ambiguity.
- Comfort acting as a project manager in a fast-paced and high-growth environment where prioritization, organization, and multi-tasking skills are critical.
- Innovative mindset, comfortable questioning the norm in order to identify and drive enhancements.
- Ability to build relationships and drive progress among cross-functional teams and external business partners.
- Strong quantitative skills that enable the analysis of various data sources and the generation of a data-driven story with actionable insights.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Passion for travel; industry experience a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 12:48:15 PM