American Express Careers
Senior Financial Analyst
Services (ICS) offers a diverse set of products to Card Members in over 19
markets around the globe, ranging from the iconic Charge Cards to consumer
financing products. The Decision Support Center of Excellence (DSCOE) team is
responsible for driving strategic analysis of ICS performance and
forward-looking expectations for the ICS Lending president. The Senior
Financial Analyst role will support a variety of critical financial projects in
support of the ICS Lending organization. The incumbent will have primary
responsibility of developing insightful analytics on business performance to
drive profitable growth, in addition to being subject matter expert on lend
drivers forecasting and modeling. This is an excellent opportunity for an
individual to gain deep knowledge of the Card Issuing business, and to gain
exposure and insight from leadership, while helping to build up the
capabilities of the DSCOE team. The Senior Financial Analyst should have a
strategic mindset, be comfortable collaborating with internal customers and ask
questions, be able to work closely with leaders, and have the aptitude to drive
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst, ICS
DSCOE-Planning & Analysis
Job Responsibilities: The Senior Financial Analyst in this role will perform a key role in providing financial analysis and decision support for the ICS business. This role will gain significant exposure to various senior business and finance leaders across the organization. Key Responsibilities include:
Forecast and conduct strategic analysis of ICS Lending Business (Receivables and Revenues), a multi-billion dollar key metric and the most important driver of the business P&L from a growth perspective, to produce insights that will support decision-making by senior leaders on business initiatives designed to shape the future direction of the company.
Support the creation and standardization of new modeling methodologies being rolled out across multiple markets.
Develop expertise of card member spending at the product, portfolio, and business segment level, as well as spending trends across customer segments and industry sectors.
Drive consensus with other Finance teams, and represent ICS Finance and other AXP Business Units.
Play a leading role within a high performing team, collaborate with Finance and Business partners to achieve objectives, and present analyses outcomes and recommendations to senior leaders.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results and work with ambiguity
- Strategic Thinking: Solid ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Possess a strong grasp of the competitive landscape and market trends
- Analytical Thinking: Strong aptitude for analytics. Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-add insights from large amounts of financial data. Intellectually curious.
- Communication: Superior ability to communicate with and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Superior attention to detail and outstanding organizational and problem solving skills
- Financial modeling skills - Experience working with an advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience working with any of the following is a plus: SQL, Python/R, Tableau, VBA, TM1
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 12:11:35 PM