American Express Careers
Manager - Corporate Planning & Analysis
Finance Decision Science (FDS) team leverages data and new technology to innovate around the way we forecast key measures to add stability and predictability to the AXP P&L. FDS team’s goal is to help the organization make fact-based and scientifically developed decisions around risk and opportunities.
- Manage and support multiple financial processes spanning across multiple Business Units including one or more elements of Reporting, Planning & Forecasting, Long Range Plan etc. by leveraging IBM Cognos TM1 platform and capabilities.
Independently handle customers and their expectations around multiple aspects including on-going support, technical queries, enhancement, training needs on new solutions.
Lead and support testing of processes and solutions build leveraging TM1.
Collaborate across various teams to clarify requirements and perform detailed impact assessment.
Take lead in end to end designing, building and implementation of new financial processes / enrichment or customization of existing processes by offering optimum solutions leveraging IBM Cognos TM1 platform and capabilities.
End to end designing, building and implementation of cross functional projects of strategic importance.
Consistently improve current financial processes vide automation, enhanced controls etc. by adopting best practices and new capabilities.
Contribute to the assessment and improvement of impact of all processes to the platform / server.
Consistently look for opportunities to drive value to customers by leveraging existing and new capabilities.
Proven ability to manage a team of professionals including engagement, career pathing, goals, development plans, performance conversations.
Training & Troubleshooting for both team members and business partners.
- Project experience of designing, building, managing technology solutions for finance processes with emphasis on problem solving, data integrity and automation.
- Preferably having strong understanding of TM1 and Oracle
- Experience and understanding of Financial Reporting, Planning & Forecasting
- Strong understanding of American Express business processes and financial systems
- Exhibits ability to think short and long term to identify and manage processes and resources
- Exhibits ability at problem solving and has an eye to identify opportunities
- Strong People management skills including the ability to guide and motivate
- Strong communication skills
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 8:01:25 AM