Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Engineer – Full Stack Developer with Data Engineering
American Express is on an exciting transformation journey driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative data driven payment products using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and top of the chain digital services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Omnichannel cardmember experiences and personal integration through java services and data driven solution on Big Data stack and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative and transformative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
We are looking for passionate web developer engineers to work on the Next generation web development & API experiences we are crafting for our partners. This requires the ability to go deep in AMEX payment system with many dependencies while responsible for the technical deliveries and implementation of components. As an engineer in our OPEN SOURCE development team you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the web components supporting AMEX user experiences on various channels (web, mobile, etc.), as well as integrations with partners.
You will work closely with product and experience to understand the requirements and deliver product that meets these requirements. Technologies used vary from Java, Angular 5 or ReactJS, Node.js etc. If you are the kind of engineer who is passionate about bringing great products to life especially in payment area, being a crafts(wo)man in engineering and love working in a collaborative environment with your product partners and dependency teams, then we want to talk to you.
Work on transformative data driven platform and framework to bring
data to decision.
Organizational Context - Member of a product engineering reporting
to an Engineering Director.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, automated testing, and hands- on coding assignments of various technologies.
- Function as a strong team contributor on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Strong OpenSource concepts and enable engineers to guide and adapt.
- Perform code reviews and automated testing, build and adapt CICD.
- Work closely with product owners in defining roadmap.
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections Leadership.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
2 to 5 years of software development experience in a professional environment such as:
- Wide breath of engineering experience, Full Stack from interactive to back end processing.
- Enable OpenSource culture and advancement of it.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in Web engineering solutions using JS, Angular , React.
- Experience in SpringBoot framework and its implementation
- Experience in CICD/ Automation and writing resilient and self-healing code base
- Hands on experience in Web engineering coding and deployment.
- Extensive experience in developing Angular 5 , Node.JS , ReactJS.
- Exposure to Big Data is a plus
- Great attitude and approach towards innovation and transformation in product delivery.
- Exposure and up to date with industry reference of tech trend and solutions.
Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 12:02:28 PM