American Express Careers
Senior Information Security Analyst
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Assist with the configuration and development of critical platforms for Internet security and business processes
- Strong customer service focus to successfully interact with end-users and peer teams
- Mentor and train junior engineers in processes and tasks related to internet security and CASB technology
- Solid understanding of controls such as OKTA, AD and API’s
- Experience with rule/policy development, Log Analysis (SEIM) and Tracking, and other general security principles
- Solid understanding of event correlation and forensic investigation to identify threat vectors and indicators of compromise (IOC)
- Solid understanding of CASB / CASM and cloud security concepts
- Hands on experience with CASB solutions in the enterprise.
- Solid understanding of cloud architecture Openstack, Azure, AWS and / or GCP
- 5 - 7 years of Information security experience including CASB
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; and make data driven decisions
- Experience working on tickets within an enterprise ticketing system (i.e. ServiceNow)
- Experience with internet security concepts DNS and Certificate Management
- Solid Security and Networking experience- TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S, PKI, Load Balancing
- Technical understanding of certificates, encryption, SSL and TLS
- Data analysis of CASB log, security logs, or reporting data in Excel or Access
- Experience supporting and trouble-shooting web isolation a plus
- Linux, regex, Active Directory and LDAP knowledge a plus
- Ability to communicate technical topics with business and technology peers
- Ability to follow processes and methodologies in support of business and security objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with technically and culturally diverse teams
- Ability to support 24x7x365 on-call rotation as needed
- Financial/Banking experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Security, or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience required.
- Industry recognized security certifications including CISM, CISSP, CSSLP, and CEH are considered a plus. Experience in Regular Expression, scripting and/or automation.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 12:22:48 PM