Finance is at the center of all key business decisions, providing decision support, funding, reporting and transaction services that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organizations in the world.
Whether you’re working with a business unit focused on the consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact. It sounds exciting because it is.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a challenging project, learn about the culture and values of American Express, as well as network across regions and functions.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2020 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects with real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Finance at American Express?
- Develop relationships in a complex global matrix organization
- Use American Express big data to identify Card Member spending behaviours, market trends, key metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making
- Develop new data analytics and tools in order to drive scalable insights and business strategy
- Provide decision support on investment strategies for products, identification of key market drivers for business generation and business profitability, and resource allocation
- Work closely with business and Finance management and their teams to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its evolving needs.
What Backgrounds / Experiences Are We Looking For:
Below are “The 5 Essentials” we want in our candidates: 1) Analytical Skills; 2) Critical Thinking Skills; 3) Communication Skills; 4) Demonstrates Agile Mindset; and 5) Demonstrates Leadership Behaviors.
Do you have the ability to manipulate large amounts of data, spot trends & generate meaningful insights?
Critical Thinking Skills
Can you demonstrate thought leadership, innovative thinking & question the status quo?
Can you synthesize data into an easy-to-understand story & articulate key messages across multiple audiences?
Do you have a positive, can-do attitude? Can you adapt to change? Are you a highly motivated self-starter?
Do you act & lead with courage? Can you build relationships, make decisions quickly & influence change? Do you drive results?
We want talented individuals with a broad set of experiences. Past interns have had experience in finance, accounting, consulting, marketing, business analytics and more. Know how to use SAS, SQL, Hive or Python? Have artificial intelligence and predictive modeling experience? Are you a seasoned project manager? There’s a job in Finance at American Express for you.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
Why Work at American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Learn more about our Finance group at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2019, 11:45:54 AM