Global Services Group (GSG) is the customer facing organization of American Express, which handles and provides service to American Express Card Members every single day. This position will provide strategic and tactical support to the Vice President of Global Commercial Credit (GCC) in the Global Services Group. GCC is comprised of Corporate Credit, Commercial Underwriting and Merchant Risk Operations functions operating across 14 markets with over 800 employees.
The incumbent will be a vital member of the Business Planning team, working closely on the execution of key deliverables, analyzing complex data from multiple systems to generate fresh insights into Risk and operational performance. The successful candidate will collaborate with a variety of business partners across the GCC, GSG, Risk, Technologies & GCP organizations for international markets.
- Support for the Manager of Business Planning for Global Commercial Credit to track and analyze key performance goals for the organization.
- Create and manage the Global Commercial Credit scorecards, dashboards & other reporting available for the Leadership team.
- Analyze complex financial data from multiple systems to identify, assess issues, and manage key reports for the operational teams.
- Create analytical deep dives and impactful business cases, highlights, and communications, including creation of meaningful and comprehensive communications/presentations for key business reviews.
- Create and manage the content for the staff and functional senior leadership meetings to include shaping meaningful agendas, recording discussions and follow-up on agreed actions.
- Excellent statistical / financial and analytical skills and the ability to resolve complex problems independently.
- Experience with coding or SQL environments.
- Experience with pulling data from different systems to create business cases.
- Superior organization & planning skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Skills to handle multiple initiatives flawlessly to deliver results within strict timelines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to changing circumstances, make decisions quickly and handle multiple priorities simultaneously and with little guidance.
- A strong thought leader who is comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- Self-starter who works independently and is responsible for consequential decision making.
- [Preferred] Risk Management/Credit Operations process & metrics expertise, knowledge of AXP products, key functions, competitive environment/industry trends and GCC scorecards.
- Degree in Applied Science, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 1:49:48 PM