About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Purpose of the Role:
SOX Team is responsible for oversight and management of Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance program at American Express, establishing the framework and methodology to ensure that Financial Reporting Risk at Amex is managed, in accordance with applicable SEC regulations. This position will support the evaluation of effectiveness of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) by performing Independent Testing of SOX controls across AXP.
Key responsibilities include:
• Validate operating effectiveness of SOX controls to support Control Owners / Process Owners in quarterly assertion process
• Assess SOX deficiency remediation for closure
• Drive enhancements in control environment by identifying the improvement opportunities to the SOX Controls
• Collaborate with key stakeholders including Business, Operational excellence, IAG, etc. for quarterly testing and reporting
• Perform year end testing to support PwC for their annual audit.
Academics / Qualification:
• Certified Professional (CA / CPA / CIA / MBA Finance) with 1-2 years of relevant experience in SOX / or Internal Audits, Process Reviews, etc.
Key Skills / Experience:
• Understanding of Risk and Control environment
• Knowledge of the Sarbanes Oxley Act including SOX 302 / 404 and Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019, 10:28:25 PM