Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Ever wondered what it takes to build a highly available, global scale enterprise wide hybrid PaaS/IaaS cloud platform with an Open Source technology stack and to achieve up-times SLA of Amazon, Google and Microsoft?
Then you should consider this innovative and disruptive opportunity where you can be a key transformative contributor to a rock star engineering team which will deliver the next generation enterprise application platform (PaaS/IaaS) for American Express. In this role, you will gain experience in building a scalable, secure, Highly available infrastructure and platform-as-a-service (PaaS/IaaS) by using a variety of technologies such as GKE, OpenShift, Vault, Terraform and get exposure to open source projects such as Kubernetes, Golang, Istio, Docker, Prometheus, etc. You will work with a variety of scripting/programming languages as required. You will work with best Continuous Integration and Continuous Deploy tools to automate integration of Continuous delivery with IaaS/PaaS.
Furthermore, you will contribute to build developer and DevOps friendly tools that allow monitoring, diagnosing and debugging of the platform services and its hosted applications and you will design and implement a continuous platform delivery release model which enables high availability of services during platform releases and upgrades.
- Owns technical aspects of software development
- Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Writes code/scripts and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in developing and applying Cloud technologies within large scale infrastructure software development, such as Kubernetes, Public cloud offerings, Infrastructure as Co
- Linux experience, ideally contributed to open source projects
- Experience with design and implementation of distributed applications
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development methods (Continuous Delivery)
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software/solutions
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 12:50:03 AM