American Express Careers
Manager - Global Experiential Marketing & Partnerships (Golf Partnerships)
The Global Experiential Marketing & Partnerships team leads 40+ partnerships globally, delivering the best in premium ticket access, live event and digital experiences across Card Member passion points of sports, music and various other cultural interests (B2B & B2C). The Manager in this role will sit on the Sports Experiences & Partnerships team within the broader Experiential Marketing team, focusing specifically on American Express golf partnerships, with the potential to work on other priority sports partnerships as needed. They will lead the strategy, activation development (B2B and/or B2C), execution and measurement of a priority golf partnership within the portfolio, collaborating with a 360° cross-functional team (internal and external) to launch a fully integrated plan. Travel required (~10-15%) to execute onsite programs and visit event sites as needed.
- Spearhead the strategy, creative development and execution of major golf partnership activation, bringing our brand to life for customers and prospects in new, innovative ways
- Collaborate and lead robust set of internal and agency partners to deliver best-in-class plan, including with Amex internal agency to fully design end-to-end event experience with partner
- Lead planning and execution of executive hospitality program including guest communications, internal executive communications, accommodation and transportation management, ancillary experience planning and onsite program oversight
- Own and manage large scale budgets in partnership with Finance team, ensuring close understanding of internal processes and ensuring project comes in at or under budget
- Develop relationships across American Express enterprise to further business and brand goals in creative ways for both business and consumer customers
- Communicate regular planning updates as well as full activation plans in strategic, clear manner to American Express senior executives
- Represent American Express within golf industry to deepen relationships, knowledge, and development to continue to be on cutting edge of customer experience
- Minimum 4 years work experience with focus area in sponsorship, events, and experiential marketing or partnerships - golf industry experience required and B2B/hospitality experience a PLUS
- Proven track record in managing partners, cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Must be able to balance “big picture” thinking with tactical execution
- Ability to move projects forward and meet deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to work under pressure with compressed timelines
- Maintain balance while managing various work streams while demonstrating strong leadership and composure
- Strong communication skills (crafting/delivering presentations), as well as executive presence
- Focus on innovation and constant appetite to know and learn more about the industry – including experiential marketing, technology, payment innovations and competitive landscape
- Strong measurement and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2019, 3:37:22 PM