American Express Profesiones
Descripción del Trabajo
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
With a direct report to the Director Employee and Labour Relations for LAC, this role will be responsible for proactively defining and executing the Employee and Labour Relations Strategy for the Mexico market.
· Proactively co-developing and co-delivering comprehensive, effective and market relevant ER and LR Strategies, agenda and solutions. Implement global strategies at market level.
- Handling complaints, investigations, reductions in force and grievances.
- Offering consultative services on all employee related matters.
- Co-define and apply strategies to prevent harassment, discrimination, retaliation and other forms of inappropriate workplace conduct.
- Anticipates change, manage and help set expectations by determining what key colleague-affecting Policies should look like.
- Leverage internal and external data and insights to spots trends and identifies issues.
- Define and execute remediation plans through training, policy and process enhancement, working closely with the business and the OneHR community and through overall thought leadership.
- Actively participate in the LAC and Global Employee and Labour Relations Community.
With a focus on leadership, data, business connectivity and proactivity, as well as enhancement and streamlining the ER engagement and operating model, this will be the key responsibilities of the role:
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- A track record of success within a highly matrixed multi-national environment.
- Experience of Employee relations/Employment Law;
- Knowledge and experience of Mexico Labour Relations environment (unionized companies).
- Ability to operate on a matricial environment & negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - proficiency to liaise with all levels of management, and to produce presentations and reports as a tool for strategy formulation and implementation.
- Ability to focus both on explicit detail and the broader implications of issues.
- Proactively identify linkages/partnership opportunities to enhance overall ER experience and customer service.
- Commercial acumen
- Data & analytics knowledge (nice to have)
- Control and compliance mind-set
- Fluent English speaker.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Tiempo completo
Date Posted: 13/09/2019, 06:25:16