The Global Experiential Marketing & Partnerships team leads 40+ partnerships globally, delivering the best in premium ticket access, live event and digital experiences across Card Member passion points of sports, music and various other cultural interests (B2B & B2C). The Director in this role will sit on the Sports Experiences & Partnerships team within the broader Experiential Marketing team, focusing specifically on American Express golf and tennis partnerships. This person is responsible for driving the strategic vision for American Express in these spaces, delivering critical brand and business metrics, while continuing to implement forward-looking innovation in the space. They will lead a team of two managers in developing and executing the strategies, activation plans and measurement of three priority partnerships, collaborating with a 360° cross-functional team (internal and external) to launch a fully integrated plan. Travel required (~10-15%) to execute onsite programs and visit event sites as needed. People management required.
- Lead two direct reports while spearheading the strategy, creative development and execution of major golf and tennis partnership activations, bringing our brand to life for customers and prospects in new, innovative ways
- Collaborate and lead robust set of internal and agency partners to deliver best-in-class plan, from briefing through execution and measurement
- Lead planning and execution of executive hospitality program for key golf and tennis partnerships including guest communications, internal executive communications, accommodation/transportation management, ancillary experience planning and onsite program oversight
- Partner with relevant agencies and internal stakeholders to lead all partnership evaluations, deal negotiations and contract reviews for partnership renewals and prospective new deals
- Manage large scale budgets in partnership with Business Affairs team, ensuring close understanding of internal processes and ensuring project comes in at or under budget
- Develop relationships across American Express enterprise to develop strategic sponsorship programs in support of business priorities relating to both business and consumer customers
- Communicate regular updates and full activation plans in strategic, clear manner to American Express executives
- Represent American Express within golf and tennis industries to deepen relationships, knowledge, and development to continue to be on cutting edge of customer experience
- Minimum 7 years work experience with focus in sports sponsorship and experiential marketing/partnerships - golf industry experience required and B2B/hospitality experience a PLUS
- Highly experienced in managing multiple high-profile partnerships
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills
- Exceptional people management skills and experience managing direct reports, partners, cross-functional teams and agency partners
- High energy, self-starter, team-oriented, creative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be able to balance “big picture” thinking with flawless execution
- Maintain balance, strong leadership and composure while managing various work streams
- Focus on innovation and constant appetite to know and learn more about the industry
- Strong measurement and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2019, 12:24:51 PM