There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Do you love taking complicated concepts and shaping them into refined and intuitive experiences? Are you excited at the idea of elevating the art of engineering by advancing a dynamic community of highly effective engineers through your work?
The American Express Enterprise Architecture team is looking for a creative and hardworking interface designer to mold our tools and services into products that delight and inspire.
In Enterprise Architecture, we build the underlying solutions that enable rapid innovation and drive technological and cultural transformation. We believe strongly in enabling change, fostering growth, and delivering state of the art solutions for our colleagues.
As a member of Enterprise Architecture, you are expected to believe and evangelize our mission, "Chemistry of Engineering." It defines the core elements we strive to perfect at American Express, in two distinct categories, "Thinking" like an engineer, and "Creating" like an engineer.
- Systems Thinking - You can see whole systems and parts and how they connect, pattern-sniffing and recognizing dependencies.
- Iterative - You encourage prototyping, failing fast, incremental learning, and continuous feedback loops.
- Data Driven - You ensure data is at the heart of decisioning and ideation. You cultivate practices that harvest user feedback.
- Visual - You map out ideas, solutions, thoughts, and roadmaps into reusable and clear artifacts.
- Problem Focused - You foster and embolden the natural curiosities at the heart of engineers and boost problem finding skills.
- Resourceful - You ensure engineers first consider the services and resources available, to be fluid and adaptable.
- Conscious - You consider the ethical dimension. You show responsibility and understanding in the upholding the moral good.
- Open - You believe information is a first-class citizen of the Enterprise, freely accessible, widely available and open to all.
What - You help others deliver solutions that meet the needs intended. You drive strong requirements validation skills.
- How - You bolster the consideration and adherence to non-functional requirements such as performance, reliability and availability
- Abstract - You help establish solutions that adequately hide unnecessary design details and expose useful behaviors to consumers.
- Encapsulate - Protecting and isolating the implementation of your solution away from consumers such that it can change without impact
- Simple - You promote the crafting solutions that are pleasingly ingenious in their simplicity, reduce unnecessary complexity.
- Enduring - You ensure the things we build outlast us, by promoting good documentation, clean code, and seamlessness.
- Composable - You drive others to construct solutions that are themselves the sums of smaller solutions. Reusable from inception.
- Accurate - You are continuously reinforcing strict data quality practices: Less data, higher quality and accuracy are key.
Everything we do, we build, and we believe comes from these core elements. We act as the reference-the blueprint-of high performance. As a UI/UX Designer on this team, you are at the steering wheel, shaping our user experiences top to bottom. You will be weaving our collective products into a seamless tapestry that engages and pleases our customers through its elegant simplicity.
Core skills expected from you are:
- You have a polished portfolio of professional UI/UX design work demonstrating cutting edge human interface concepts.
- You have fluency working with design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, InDesign and/or other UX software.
- You have experience in production launches of web and mobile content.
- You possess the ability to work with users to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences to meet needs.
- An ability to write in HTML and/or CSS in order to help developers implement code is deeply helpful
We pride ourselves on setting the tone and being the heartbeat of technology within American Express. We push boundaries, step on toes, disrupt the status quo, and drive progressive change for the company. Our contributions are sweeping and profound, often serving as the foundations for industry innovations and impactful growth. If these core beliefs resonate with you, you're inspired to be a part of something epic, and feel you can offer a unique set of skills to our team, then we encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2019, 11:26:08 PM