Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The mission of the GCS Product Management team within GCS is to deliver payments solutions, both card and non-card, that make us the best choice for our customers.
The Central Travel and Virtual Payments team within GCS Product Management owns a suite of digital products and capabilities that provide our corporate clients with enhanced security and control, and streamlined reconciliation for their B2B and T&E payments. Central business travel payments are a crucial part of this suite of products and core to GCS’ value proposition as they allow corporate clients to provide their employees, contractors and visitors a seamless travel and expensing experience. The GCS Travel Partnership Strategy team explores new partnerships and builds on existing partnerships in travel to establish of our next levers of growth.
As part of our team, the Senior Manager, Travel Partnership Strategy will develop and drive a pipeline of lodging partnerships to create a seamless hotel payment experience for American Express’ corporate clients. This is a great opportunity to become a member of a high-performing global team.
- Develop a long-term strategy for hotel payment and hotel data collection partnerships for our central payments business, rooted in customer needs, Amex’s competitive position, industry/tech trends and business impact
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams to understand clients’ lodging payment needs globally
- Develop a pipeline of new partnerships and partnership expansions to solve for hotel payment needs
- Liaise with American Express clients and business partners in North and South America to assess needs for additional travel partnerships
- Explore and evaluate partners’ fit with American Express’ central payment platform
- Develop compelling business cases and negotiate effectively with various internal stakeholders to continuously define partnership priorities
- Manage the partner onboarding process from exploratory stages to implementation
- Establish project and partnership governance
- Lead partnership negotiations, including financial and technical aspects and SLAs
- Develop the deployment plan, go-to-market and sales enablement strategies for partnership-based solutions
- Collaborate with the product management and development teams to ensure seamless integration of payment features and data streams
- Identify opportunities and provide input on vision, strategy, roadmap, and features. Keep a pulse on digital trends and customer preferences in the travel end expense management industry
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience, ideally with a focus on lodging
- Passion for the business travel industry with a deep understanding of the travel distribution ecosystem, esp. Travel Management Companies, Global Distribution Systems, Online Booking Platforms and emerging technologies
- Curiosity to understand the fintech space and educate the team on travel trends
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and translate those needs into prioritized features for execution
- Results-oriented with proven track record of successfully leading projects in an environment which requires a high degree of stakeholder coordination and alignment
- Experience working with external partners and negotiating deals
- Business development experience is a differentiator
- Drives innovation and change by challenging the status quo and risk-taking with informed judgment
- Strong strategic thinker with track record of developing and implementing innovative strategies and driving business outcomes, comfortable with white space
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage and inspire others
- Excellent relationship builder who can work across a large matrixed organization and a number of external partners to build strong and effective business relationships
- Thrives in an ambiguous and fast-changing environment
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
The team member will be based at our New York City office. For exceptional candidates, home office will be considered an option
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 7:07:56 PM