Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team. This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks throughout the customer lifecycle, across our consumer and commercial businesses, and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies.
Key Roles and Functions
- Business Logic Management (BLM): Define and drive the transformation and modernization of risk management capabilities across risk technology platforms.
- Risk Strategy: Monitor credit portfolios, optimize profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle, and develop fraud prevention strategies on behalf of our customers
- Risk Capabilities: Develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and execute credit and fraud risk strategies
What Type of Work Will I Do
You will work in a highly dynamic and exciting environment working closely with colleagues in other Risk Management teams, Marketing, Finance, Servicing, Legal, Compliance, Banking, and Technology to create world-class analytical solutions. Our teams have technical and communication skills that enable them to work with cross-functional teams in various domains across the company.
We develop and design logic used in risk management automation that is durable, scalable, easy to deploy and transparent to business strategy partners in real-time and batch environments.
For the BLM role, you will create business logic and the associated journeys used in risk capabilities. This role is accountable for understanding and translating business requirements into code. The incumbent will adhere to design and quality guidelines as defined by BLM and serve as a content expert in their respective use-cases and journey.
The key responsibilities include:
· Work in close partnership with American Express Technology to translate the needs of business owners/stakeholders and manage delivery of the Product roadmap and deploy next generation risk management capabilities, designed for long-term adaptability
· Work in a scrum team environment with Scrum Master, Product Owner and peers to develop and deploy logic
· Attend program increment (PI) planning, collaborate on story pointing and accept story assignment
· Manage the review, development, testing and communication of new development requests
· Develop and continuously enhance strategies, processes, and controls for mitigating credit risk exposure and preventing fraud
· Collaborate extensively with colleagues to design and implement risk control strategies based on statistical, financial and economic analysis
· Identify, evaluate, and integrate new data sources and capabilities to identify emerging credit trends and uncover new fraud patterns
• Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
Life at American Express
American Express is known for backing our customers to help them achieve their goals and dreams, big and small. At American Express, we’re changing the way people live and work through meaningful projects with real-world impact. When you join our team you can make a difference by improving the everyday lives of customers around the world.
Growing great leaders is one of the things that sets American Express apart. Every colleague has the opportunity—and is encouraged—to take their personal leadership to the next level through a wide variety of leadership and learning programs.
Our colleagues and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial, and emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of paid parental leave (to be eligible, employees must complete at least one year of continuous service immediately prior to the birth or placement of the child), health (dental and vision) and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you can work how it makes sense for you, without compromising our commitment to our colleagues, customers, and shareholders.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our colleagues. Through our 15 Employee Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other colleagues while expanding their knowledge of the business. American Express is a place where being yourself matters.
Why Work at American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them guidance and support.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
What We Are Looking For
· Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics or Physics
· Blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management, and relationship-building skills
· Demonstrated ability digest requirements and translate to executable/logical blocks of programming/language
· Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
· Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insights to drive results
· Experience working with statistical and data mining techniques, including regression analysis and Machine Learning tools for pattern recognition and predictive analytics
· Ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL, R, Python or another similar programming language
· Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
· Thought leadership and solution-oriented mindset
· Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
· Clear, effective written and oral communication skills
• Experience working in a technical delivery team or coursework/internship as a data developer, analyst or scientist
• Experience in Spark, Python, and Java
• Working knowledge of any following including Business Rules Management Systems (BRMS) and/or workflow orchestrators such as Pega and JBPM
• Experience working in Agile| SAFe environments
· Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree program
· Students must have a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
Tags: Tech Reqs%5C: USTech, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2019, 6:29:03 PM