American Express Careers
Sr Analyst-Risk Management
Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences, powered by data & analytics, across the customer lifecycle, whilst adapting to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
EDA Operational Excellence will enable profitable business growth and exceptional customer experiences across American Express through driving excellence, speed and agility across EDA products, platforms, processes and capabilities.
Through the design and implementation of an effective framework, the EDA Ops Excellence Team will ensure the EDA organization is fulfilling on all our obligations to customers and has a robust control environment that ensures we are operating in compliance with changing global regulations.
The Analyst / Senior Analyst, EDA Operational Excellence will become part of a high performing team to deliver on the EDA Ops Excellence vision and objectives. Under the Senior Manager, EDA Operational Excellence, the Analyst / Senior Analyst will be responsible for establishing and enhancing governance and robust process controls across marketing processes and platforms partnering with the Enterprise Marketing Platform & Solutions (EMPS) organization. Equally important will be the ongoing oversight and reporting of EDA owned and EDA impacting audits, including issue analysis, tracking and communication, to allow EDA to remain proactive and better support our business partners.
Key responsibilities include:
The Analyst/Senior Analyst, EDA Operational Excellence will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the EDA Audit Management & Oversight SharePoint site and proposing and implementing enhancements to better support our business partners;
- Oversight of control testing, reporting and communication including but not limited to guidance and changes;
- Annual refresh and maintenance of policies and procedures;
- Drive analysis of key indicators including Operational Risk Events, Audit and second line findings;
- Build and manage strong, effective relationships within EMPS and other strategic partners;
- Supporting in establishing and identifying opportunities to enhance governance and robust process controls across enterprise marketing platforms, processes and solutions;
- Assisting with the design of preventative, predictive and automated controls;
- Independently execute on EMPS related projects and/or initiatives utilizing both project management and critical thinking skills.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Operational Excellence – Enterprise Digital & Analytics; Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent attention to detail;
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize independently;
- Knowledge and experience of project management methodology;
- Self-motivated, business and customer focused with excellent relationship skills;
- Aptitude to operate within a policy and process drive environment and to maintain risk management / policy standards;
- Ability to identify inherent risks related to a proposed activity or process;
- Process enhancement mindset - ability to identify areas for improvement in existing processes and shape recommendations for change;
- Positive attitude and flexibility to deal with change in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with advance PowerPoint and Excel skills a plus;
- Knowledge of Archer would be advantageous;
- Experience with SharePoint beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Hiring Manager: Keven Herndon
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 7:59:15 AM