Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express has embarked on an exciting
transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation
advances for the company This group is nimble and creative with the power to
improve customer experiences, services and craft our technology to drive
service assurance for business-critical capabilities. As a member of our team,
you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of
the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer
experiences. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact,
American Express is an extraordinary place to launch or grow your career. You
will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, ambitious team responsible
for delivering extraordinary card member experiences.
Please note, interested candidates must be willing to work off hours, including weekends, as needed to provide support for major upgrades and product releases.
As a Service Assurance Engineer, you will support Global Technology Operation Services, working closely with and collaborating with all members of Operations and Engineering. He or she will need to have a consistent track record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment.
You are responsible for multiple activities including:
- Technical driven stewardship for customer experience and service performance.
- Effectively use innovative technologies available in-service assurance tool chain to improve efficiencies and customer experience.
- Partner with development team for service performance.
- Ensure applications are scaled adequately to meet performance for the projected volumes.
- Provide design recommendations for complex systems and applications, certify capabilities for reliability, availability and serviceability.
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure, interfacing development, Product Owners and other partner teams to improve performance and availability.
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
- Effectively lead a bridge and escalations as part of a larger incident management process.
- Function as a leader of a DevOps Team following the agile methodology to provide design inputs and operational best practices.
- Ability to technically lead a geographically dispersed team.
- Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical/business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Influence and lead team members with creative
thought leadership with data driven changes and improvements by
challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred. Five plus years of progressive experience providing post-implementation and ongoing service assurance, as required.
Highly proficient with one or more of the following:
- Industry tools for predictive analysis.
- Distributed (multi-tiered) systems, large scale infrastructure and design.
- Debugging techniques for root cause analysis.
- Expertise in identifying Application/Infrastructure risks, mitigation strategy and the ability to work well with others to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience implementing highly available solutions (e.g. always on, clustering, mirroring) as well as performance troubleshooting and tuning.
- Deep ITIL knowledge: Event Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Knowledge Management.
- Expert level ability in resolving and documenting incidents by using innovative engineering practices, while meeting or exceeding the overall SLAs.
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Establish technical requirements based on industry trends and new technologies.
- Experience with DevOps or Full Stack, operating highly-available IT infrastructure and building live production APIs and services.
- Proficiency with automation development.
- Experience working in an Agile, CI/CD toolchain or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Exposure to Machine Learning and AI.
- Conceptual Enterprise architecture knowledge.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 5:21:17 PM